Identification of the data controller
End FGM EU, Rue d'Edimbourg 26,1050 Ixelles, registered with company number 0553.761.815 (hereinafter ‘End FGM’, ‘we ‘ or ‘our’) is committed as a data controller to comply with the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data, including but not limited to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (« GDPR ») as well as any applicable national legislation in execution thereof (“Applicable Data Protection Law”).
In this data protection policy we explain how we process personal data, what the rights are of the natural persons of whom we process personal data in this regard (“data subject”, “you” or “your”) and how these persons can exercise their rights.
The personal data we collect, source, purpose and legal ground
Personal data" means any information making it possible to identify or make identifiable, directly or indirectly, a person by means of an identifier such as a name, identification number, location data, online identifier, or one or more elements characteristic of that person's physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity.
End FGM processes the following categories of personal data:
- Identification data: personal data with which End FGM can identify you.
For example: surname, first name, photograph, etc.
- Contact information: contact information with which End FGM can contact you if necessary, to answer your questions.
For example: telephone number, postal address, e-mail address, etc.
- Personal Characteristics: This is information that is unique to you and may be important to us in the performance of our duties.
For example: language, nationality, gender, date and place of birth, landlord or tenant status, etc.
- Training information: This is information about the training you have taken.
For example: level of education, diplomas, qualifications, educational background, etc.
- Employment information : This is information about your experience.
For example, information about your career, professional references, your current employer, information about your pension and insurance plans, etc.
- Behavioural Data: This category includes data related to your use of the website.
For example: language preferences, cookies, activity logs, etc.
- Financial data: this is the information necessary to process the paid services and the services for which End FGM acts as creditor or debtor.
For example: account numbers, salary, etc.
- Sensitive data: for certain services, End FGM also collects personal data known as special data. This information will only be collected for specific purposes for which specific contracts have been concluded, and insofar as the collection of this information is authorized by law or on the basis of your consent.
For example: health information, legal information, etc.
How we obtain this personal data (source):
We may obtain this personal directly from your or from another person who registers the project.
Purpose for which we process your personal data:
We process this personal data for the purpose of our NGO i.e. to register to events, to followup on our projects, etc.
With whom can we share your personal data
As a general rule, personal data will not be made public, sold or passed on to other organizations, except to comply with legal obligations and in case of explicit request from judicial authorities or police forces. In the exceptional case where End FGM transmits personal data to other organizations, this is explicitly indicated when the data is requested or when the explicit consent of the person is requested.
However, personal data may also be shared with subcontractors to whom End FGM has entrusted certain processing activities. In this case, a data processing agreement is always concluded between the NGO and the subcontractor to ensure that the subcontractor offers the same data protection guarantees as End FGM. We ensure that personal data is only processed by subcontractors for the purpose for which it was collected. The processor is obliged to respect all legal obligations and instructions from End FGM.
How long we store your personal data
We do not store or process this personal data longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. In particular, your personal data will be stored in our systems for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide our services. In certain cases, for example where we have a contract with you or where a legal obligation requires it, we may keep your data for longer.
Personal data that we collect on the basis of your consent will be retained by us for as long as your consent remains valid.
We guarantee to give only limited access to the archived data and to delete or make anonymous your personal data if the retention period has expired.
In case we transfer your personal data to a third country or international organisation (i.e., outside the EEA), we will make sure that your personal data is either transferred to third countries that are deemed to be offering an “adequate” level of protection by the European Commission (a list of adequate third countries is available on the European Commission’s website), or alternatively, where your personal data is not sent to a country that provides an adequate level of protection, we will put in place appropriate safeguards with the entity receiving your personal data (e.g. the EU standard contractual clauses or binding corporate rules) to ensure that your personal data remains protected in accordance with Applicable Data Protection Law.
Your rights under Applicable Data Protection Law
Where applicable and in accordance with Applicable Data Protection Law, you can exercise the following rights for the processing of your personal data:
- You may request access to and obtain a copy of your personal data;
- You may also request your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete be rectified or completed;
- You may ask your personal data to be erased;
- You may object to the processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict processing of your personal data or you can transmit your personal data to
- another controller.
- If we collect and process your personal data with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
You may exercise these rights by sending an e-mail at the following address : email@example.com. We will respond to your request in accordance with Applicable Data Protection Law.
In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
End FGM has taken technical and organizational security measures to prevent the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal data to third parties and any other unauthorized processing of such data.
We have made every effort to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information systems and services that process personal data. These measures include physical and operational security measures, access control, awareness and confidentiality clauses. All our employees and the third parties we engage are required to respect the confidentiality and security of your data.
If you have any questions about how we handle and protect your personal data, you can always contact us.