A world free of all forms of FGM where women and girls are empowered and can fully enjoy their human rights.
To be the driving force of the European movement to end all forms of FGM, joining the forces of communities and civil society organisations, and building synergies and cooperation with all relevant actors in Europe and globally.
End FGM EU Values
End FGM EU places the following principles at the core of its work:
► Respect and promotion of human rights and gender equality
► Active participation of rights holders in decision-making and activities
► Use and promotion of empowering, non-stigmatising language framed in human rights terminology
► Ownership and participation by Member organisations and affected communities
► Accountability, integrity, transparency and professionalism in all its work
► Solidarity between organisations and respect for staff, Members, individuals and allies
► Commitment to an intersectional approach which recognises the systemic and structural nature of discrimination and exclusion, driven by interrelated and intersecting power structures including racism, patriarchy and economic exploitation
► Promotion of the best interests of the child, making sure children’s rights and dignity are respected and they have a say in all matters that affect them.
Our Strategic Priorities
Priority 1: Advance the end FGM agenda in Europe, ensuring a coordinated, human rights-based, child- and community-focused approach
Priority 2: Consolidate the Network and strengthen its role as a sustainable, impactful collective force driving systemic change
Our Strategic Objectives
1.1. INFLUENCE POLICIES AND PRACTICES WITHIN AND BEYOND EUROPE
- Contribute to shaping European legislation, policy making, funding, national implementation (through Members and project partners) and monitoring on FGM and areas of relevance (e.g. gender equality, health, asylum, protection of victims, etc) and holding duty-bearers accountable.
- Step up collaboration with global and regional partners worldwide to end FGM by 2030, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
1.2. IMPROVE UNDERSTANDING AND SUPPORT TO END FGM
- Contribute to shifts in attitudes and perceptions of FGM-related issues through an empowering, non-stigmatising communication approach at EU level.
- Raise awareness of FGM as a European issue and solidify the Network’s position as the European reference on FGM.
- Increase visibility of achievements and impact of the Network and its Members towards key stakeholders (decision-makers, media and professionals).
2.1. INCREASE THE NETWORK'S CAPACITY TO CONTRIBUTE TO GROWING AND SUSTAINED IMPACT
- Ensure efficient management, governance and sustainable financing of the Network and nurture a meaningful, participative and collaborative experience for Members.
- Provide essential space for knowledge sharing, effective collaboration and capacity-building to and between Members to support them in their work.
- Empower and facilitate knowledge-sharing among Ambassadors and affected communities, to increase their advocacy impact and reach and bring their expertise to the Network’s advocacy, communications and programmes efforts.
2.2. DEVELOP COORDINATED AND COLLECTIVE ACTIONS
- Support and increase engagement and exchange between Members and key stakeholders (including CBOs, CSOs, professionals, institutions, research centres) tackling FGM across Europe and worldwide, including in countries of origin.
- Build alliances with strategic partners and institutions to foster mutual learning on interconnected issues and promote an intersectional approach to FGM and other relevant issues.
You can find a link to our Current Strategic Plan 2023-2027 here.
You can find a link to our Strategic Plan 2015-2017 here and here in downloadable format.
You can find a link to our Strategic Plan 2018-2022 here.